Medela Pump and Save Breast Milk Bags Review, Features, Price
After my delivery, I had to use a breast pump as I soon developed mastitis. Needless to say, I was looking for accessories to use with my Medela PISA. I used Medela Pump & Save storage bags to save time, minimize pouring and store my cache of breast milk! Here is my Medela Pump and Save Breast Milk Bags Review
They are not at all difficult to use – simply attach any Medela pump into the Medela Pump and Save bags and start pumping. Once you're done, label it and pop it in your refrigerator or deep freezer and build up your breast milk storage.
This way your baby's daily supply of breast milk will be assured even you're not physically present. The useful, stand-up Medela Pump and Save bags make collecting, freezing, and storing of breast milk simple and hygienic.
Useful, stand-up Medela Pump and Save bags make collecting, freezing, and storing of breast milk simple and hygienic. http://amzn.to/1TjWyOy
The bags include a simple close zipper lock that does not leak and a high quality base to avert spills. A defensive oxygen barrier assists in preserving freshness as well as nutrients for your baby, even in the cooler.
The easy to connect adapter attaches easily to all to most Medela breast pumps and breast shields. All parts that come into contact with breast milk are BPA FREE.
These bags save time by using the easy-attach adapter to pump breast milk straightforwardly into bags, or pour specifically to bag from bottle to simply store in the refrigerator.
Features of Medela Pump and Save Breast Milk Bags
- Compatible with all Medela Breast pumps such as Medela Pump in Style Advanced and Medela Freestyle
- Protective oxygen barrier to keep breast milk fresh
- Easy-to-connect adapter
- Can be stored in fridge or freezer
- Leak-free and spill-free as well as easy-to-close zipper top
- Available in 20 or even 50 count bags
- Stand-up base to prevent spills
- Easy-connect adapter can be used with most Medela breast pump breast shields.
- All parts are BPA-free for health safety reasons
- Price starts from $7 (approx) for 20 count set to $16 (approx) for 50 count set
- Easy to connect adapter lets you pump breast milk straight into the storage bag.
- 2 fold-walled bags contain a leak-proof zipper ensuring long cold storage periods.
- Oxygen barrier preserves milk nutrients for the baby
- Can be labelled and marked for easy identification later on
- Made from Food grade BPA FREE material.
- Very easy to use
- Very Handy
- Some moms complain about Zip lock
The bag is made of inflexible material so doesn't expand.
- 5 oz capacity is too less for older babies.
In case you need a bag that attaches straight to your Medela breast pump then Medela Pump and Save Breast Milk Bag is your only alternative. The idea is very good but execution could have been better. Zipper lock needed to properly sealed to prevent spill. Many moms complain about this issue. Bit pricier also. I found them very useful.
The zip locks on the bags are more difficult to seal than it should be but I am now used to them. You can buy you ignore this niggle.
Works seamlessly with my Medela PISA. I am satisfied with the product.
Author: Marissa Claire
Hi, I am Marissa. I am a wife of a very supportive husband and mother 3 precious kids. Even though my life is not picture perfect, I have too many blessings to be counted. I am an ordinary mom who has been through some tough times.
I have tried to collate the best information available and write personal & real reviews for the benefits of parents who are confused with the plethora of breast pumps available. I have made an effort to steer clear of technical jargons and used layman language which is understood by people like us.