Hygeia Q Breast Pump Review
|Product Name:||Hygeia Q (Enricheq) Double Electric Breast Pump|
|Ease of Use:||4|
Hygeia Q (Enricheq) Double Electric Breast Pump is a very competent product. Hygeia Q is a closed system double electric breast pump which makes it very hygienic. Its suction is quite good. Hygeia Q breast pump is very comfortable. It would have been the perfect double electric breast pump but some niggling issues were too hard to ignore. The spares are relatively expensive and not easily available. The pump set is not as portable as Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump.
It scores as well in all aspects. An efficient breast pump which could has the potential to be a top seller if it can address the above mentioned drawbacks.
If you can ignore these minor irritants and want to beyond Medelas and Amedas, then I will definitely suggest you to buy Hygeia Q Double Breast Pump
- Closed system hence hygienic
- Complete & independet control over suction cycle and strength
- WHO compliant
Slightly bigger in size
- Need to buy battery separately
A Dark Horse - Hygeia Q (Enricheq) Double Electric Breast Pump Review
Hygeia Q double electric breast pump has some compelling features but some minor drawbacks also. There are some features like complete control over suction cycle and power which I absolutely love and wish that top seller double electric breast pump – Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump also adopts soon.
In our Hygeia Enricheq review, we found that it is a very capable double electric breast pump which can give any of the more popular breast pumps a rum for their money.
The flexibility to control the speed and suction is just awesome and i have received some GREAT FEEDBACK from other moms.
Here is a breakdown of all the aspects of Hygeia breast pumps
1. Ease of Use: Hygeia Q is fairly easy to use. I was able to unpack and figure out the working without much fuss.
The pumping is also smooth though new moms using electric breast pumps for the first time can struggle with it for first few days. But once you understand what suction speed and pressure should be selected for best milk output.
According to many users, it can take a week for the breasts to get used to the breast pump. After that it's smooth sailing.
2. Efficiency: Hygeia Q breast pump is very efficient. Once you establish the speed and power of the suction, the milk output is very good rivaling the best sellers like Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump, Ameda Purely Yours Double Electric Breast Pump, Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump, Medela Freestyle Electric Breast Pump.
The range of options for the suction cycle and suction strength is a feature that’s so unique and not found in any other double electric breast pump reviewed so far.
Mothers have full control of it and apply the best settings according to their comfort level and need.
3. Portability: Hygeia Q is slightly big and hence some mothers may find it bit awkward. It comes with a tote bag which makes it portable .
It doesn’t have an internal battery pack. While this is a slight problem for many moms. Hygeia breast pump's other good features overwhelm this.
You’ll need to buy external battery pack which I find bit cumbersome but not a deal breaker.
4. Comfort: Hygeia Q double electric breast pump is very comfortable to use. At least I found it as comfortable as other best sellers in this category.
What tilts the balance in its favor is that ability to control the speed and suction independently. This gives unprecedented level of control to moms. I have received many stellar feedback from moms who loved this feature.
This feature is currently unavailable in all leading double electric breast pumps. No complains in this regard.
5. Hygiene: Hygeia Q is a closed system pump with a bacteriostatic filter, which has a ‘hospital grade performance’.
Milk won’t get in to the tubing (ideally) or the motor. This prevents any possibility of microbial buildup and potential infection to babies.
Overall, this is one of the best breast pumps when it comes to hygiene.
6. Sound: Hygeia Q (Enricheq) Double Electric Breast Pump is quite a noise maker, which is not a surprise because all electric breasts pumps do make noise because of the motor.
While almost all double electric breast pumps with the exception of Spectra S1 are noisy, Hygeia was noisier in comparison.
7. Price: For moms who want a top notch electric pump and don't care about the price of spare parts should get Hygeia Q breast pump without any second thought.
Spare parts are hard to find but can be found on Amazon for Hygeia Q (Enricheq) Double Electric Breast Pump.
Hygeia Q has all the makings of a top seller. It's a new entrant to the breast pump market and will take time create a foothold. I will not recommend it too highly when there are other better options. But if you do feel compelled to have a closed system pump with independent control for suction and speed and a huge discount, do buy from here.
Hygeia Q Breast Pump Reviews
I am an exclusive pumper therefore I need a pump which can last long without losing the suction.Initially I took time geting used to the HYgeia Q pump. But soon enough, I was pumping loads of milk. I had adequate BF supply which was so crucial because I am an EP and also a working mom. There was no nipple soreness. The Hygeia pump also has completely customizable and independent strength and speed control. It is a closed system so I dont have to wash my tubings. Very easy to maintain.
I was earlier using the Ameda Purely Yours pump, and just recent got this Hygeia pump. I'm very impressed. It has more suction power than the Ameda pump, and I get milk faster using it. Excellent pump!
Author: Marissa Claire
Hi, I am Marissa. I am a wife of a very supportive husband and mother 3 precious kids. Even though my life is not picture perfect, I have too many blessings to be counted. I am an ordinary mom who has been through some tough times.
I have tried to collate the best information available and write personal & real reviews for the benefits of parents who are confused with the plethora of breast pumps available. I have made an effort to steer clear of technical jargons and used layman language which is understood by people like us.